Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Don't Forget Drayton Manors Magical Firework Display In November!

Pirate Adventure.. Time It Was Sorted?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zak
Admin
Zak

Pirate Adventure.. Time It Was Sorted? Empty
PostSubject: Pirate Adventure.. Time It Was Sorted?   Pirate Adventure.. Time It Was Sorted? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 3:48 am

Last year saw speculation of Pirates Adventure getting a retheme as it was reported that Colin Bryan rode the ride and saw what state it was actually in.

Near the end of the season the part where the ghost takes his head off was boarded up with black chip boards and this got more speculation going.

Into the new season its been reported "dull" as music is not being played in parts and anamatronics not working.

What are your thoughs of this and do you think its time Drayton took action on this ride?
Back to top Go down
Ash
Admin
Ash

PostSubject: Re: Pirate Adventure.. Time It Was Sorted?   Pirate Adventure.. Time It Was Sorted? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 3:54 am

I did go to Drayton Manor in April and i was actually disgusted with the ride. My friends told me to calm down Razz

The music in half of the rooms no longer worked and many of the animatronics across the ride didn't work.

Some pirates had been removed including the pirate being dunked under water whilst holding onto the board... the pirate who did the dunking is now just dunking a board and no pirate.

Some theming has been moved in the ghostly part at the end of the ride revealing pipes which hold up the top half of a pirate which completely ruins the effects.

Around the ride i counted 2 exit doors wide open letting in a lot of light and noise which once again ruined any kind of effects.

The ride needs a total re-theme steering completely away from Pirates. I know Pirates are part of Drayton Manor but its old now, however the new theming should still be family friendly and no haunted or horror because this ride is known for being a very popular family attraction. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://manorcentral.forumotion.com
Meat Pie

Meat Pie

PostSubject: Re: Pirate Adventure.. Time It Was Sorted?   Pirate Adventure.. Time It Was Sorted? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 12:41 am

It's a real shame the poor state of disrepair this ride has fallen into. No

I used to enjoy this ride more then any other in the park but I agree it is time it needs a spruce up/retheme. I just hope it's replacement will be as good as the Pirate's Adventure was in it's original state when all the effects/animatronics worked.
Back to top Go down
jake rules!

PostSubject: Re: Pirate Adventure.. Time It Was Sorted?   Pirate Adventure.. Time It Was Sorted? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 10:04 am

i think its sad because that was a good ride to go on to have fun to help your lunch go down plus it was a great laugh

by the way i haven't been on for a week and a bit because i was on holiday!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pirate Adventure.. Time It Was Sorted?   Pirate Adventure.. Time It Was Sorted? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pirate Adventure.. Time It Was Sorted?
Page 1 of 1